Monday 29 June 2009

Self Evaluation

I worked together with Gurvinder on our video. During the lesson in which we presented our videos to the class, Gurvinder and I were assessed by every member of the class. Therefore, I'll be basing this self evaluation not only on what I think but what other members of class had to say aswell.

After the video had been made there were a couple of things I felt that could have been done to a higher standard. The most obvious fault with the video was the fact that there was no sound. Initially Gurvinder and I tried to play music in the background whilst we were producing the video, however, it did not sound quite right and we could not figure out how else to add music to our video once it was finished so as a result we decided to just leave the sound completely out. Secondly, I felt that another fault with the video was the quality of it. Sadly, Gurvinder and I did not have a camcorder, webcam or any other type of video recording device so we decided to just use a mobile phone. Consequently, it is understandable then as to why the quality of the video was a bit poor. Lastly, as a computer screen is so big and the camera on a phone is much smaller, the camera on the phone had to be moved around in order for the audience to view the entire screen, so that is why the picture may look abit shaky at times.

For Aesthetics Gurvinder and I recieved mostly 3's and a few 2's, nothing else. This shows me that to other people the video was of an average standard and like most other videos. though contained elements of uniqueness. The same marks (2s and 3s) were recieved for creativity for basically the same reasons. For technology we mostly recieved 1s and a few 2s (I'm guessing due to the video not having any sound in it.) For understanding we recieved all 2s. I was quite confused by this mark as Mr.Bush had said we had excellent points and knowledge. For production values we mostly recieved 2s aswell and this is understandable due to all the reasons stated above.

No comments:

Post a Comment